VidTaggr HelpWatching DVDs
DVDs won't play on VidTaggr
Watching YouTube videos
Using Facebook on VidTaggr
After you put a DVD in your computer, most computers will try to automatically play it when Windows recognizes it. If you see an "AutoPlay" dialog, do not select anything from the list, just close the window.
When you click the "DVDs" link in the banner, VidTaggr will search the D: drive by default. If D: is not your DVD drive, select the correct drive from the drop down list. If you aren't sure which drive letter is your DVD drive, try each drive letter in order, giving about 10 seconds between changing the letter.
When VidTaggr finds a DVD, you'll see a message telling you that the information is being loaded. Once you see the artwork for your DVD, click the "Watch this video" link to get going.No sound
If you are playing a DVD and there is no sound, you are likely missing the AC3Filter codec which allows media players to playback movies with AC3 and DTS audio tracks.
Simply install the AC3Filter LITE codec available on Google.com.A DVD is in the drive, but VidTaggr cannot find it
VidTaggr uses Windows Media Player to play DVDs. You may need to install a plugin:
- Internet Explorer: Go to Media Download Center and under "Select Version", choose "Player 12" for Windows Vista / 7 or "Player 11" for Windows XP.
- Mozilla Firefox: Install the "Firefox Plug-in" from Microsoft TechNet (or visit Microsoft's "Windows Media Download Center" and under "Select Version", choose "Player Plug-in for Firefox").DVDs won't play on VidTaggr
If VidTaggr finds your DVD and you click the "Play" link, but no video plays on the next screen, you probably don't have a DVD decoder installed. Try these steps:
- Open "Windows Media Player" from the Start Menu. (Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Windows Media Player)
- In Windows Media Player, click "Play" > "DVD". Make sure the DVD is inserted, and select your DVD drive. The disc should start playing.
- If the DVD does play in Media Player, please contact us and tell us what is happening when you try to watch the DVD on VidTaggr. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
- If you get an error message like: "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer", you do not have the software installed to play DVDs. Go to the "Installing a DVD Decoder" help section.Installing a DVD Decoder
To play DVDs, you must have a DVD-ROM drive and a DVD decoder installed on your computer. If you do not have a DVD decoder installed, you cannot play DVDs. By default, Windows does not include a DVD decoder. However, most computers come with installation CDs from ATI, Cyberlink, Intervideo or Nvidia that include DVD playback software. If you don't have one of those installation CDs, you can install a free decoder - K-Lite Codec Pack STANDARD.
YouTube uses Adobe Flash player to play videos. If you are not able to see YouTube videos on vidtaggr, get the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
In order to tagg videos or use some of the added features on vidtaggr, you'll need to login with Facebook. Instead of yet another website username and password, VidTaggr uses FacebookConnect to make it easy for you to tagg videos and share your favorite movies and videos with your friends.Facebook permissions
VidTaggr is not like so many other Facebook applications that post to your friend's walls or spam your feed with posts and invites. The first time you login to VidTaggr using FacebookConnect (or the first time you try to tagg a video), you'll be asked to "connect" VidTaggr with your Facebook account. Be sure to give VidTaggr publish permissions so that when you tagg a video, that tagg can automatically be posted to your Facebook wall (you can always uncheck the "Also post to Facebook" checkbox when you're tagging.) In addition, you can go to your "Application Settings" on Facebook and click the "Edit Settings" link next to the "vidtaggr" application.Facebook Like buttons
The Facebook "Like" buttons () allows you to "Like" a video or movie on Facebook. Over time, your friends will be able to tell what movies, and what kind of movies you like best.
To tagg a video, you need to be logged in. When you come to a point in a video that you want to tagg, click the " add tagg" link. The video will pause, and a text entry box will open where you can enter up to 600 characters (including web links.) When you're done entering the tagg, click the "Save" link, and the tagg will be saved and the video will automatically start playing again.Adding website addresses in a tagg
When you add a tagg, you can include web addresses to appropriate content outside of the VidTaggr website by using the opening and closing "sqaure brackets" around the web address and the link text. The basic format looks like this: [http://address Link text] Here are some examples:
[http://www.rabenmedia.com/clients/uhe/bttf/mainsite/bttf_site.html Back To The Future Trilogy]
[http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pnynx4555h3y&scene=33022502&lvl=2&sty=b&cid=E56E70BD24F7D36D!716 Twin Pines Mall] [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsCwZVrVxD4 The Road to Bodie]
Remember that only 600 characters are allowed in a tagg though, which includes long web addresses.Jump Forward/Back
The " BACK 10 secs." and " FORWARD 10 secs." buttons allow you to easily find that exact spot in a video to tagg - or to skip past - in increments of 10 seconds.Clear list
The button will clear the list of taggs that have accumulated. Although there's no way to undo this, you can always click the button to see all of the taggs for the video you're watching.Inappropriate flag
If you see a tagg that is "spam", rude, crude or otherwise inappropriate, clicking the (flag) icon next to the offending tagg will prompt you to confirm that you want to flag that tagg. Taggs that are flagged by several people will be reviewed by the site moderators.
- Taggd as Product: "California Raisins were popular in the 80's, party due to the catchy TV ads featuring animated Raisins."
- Taggd as Trivia: "Pixar's "Lamp" mascot has a name - it's Luxo."
- Taggd as Geography: "Filming location: "Dave's condo" is located at the River City Condos, 800 South Wells, Chicago, IL 60607"
- Taggd as People: "Abraham Lincoln, head-and-shoulders portrait, facing front - Library of Congress"
Inappropriate taggs and links are reported by other users, and are reviewed by the moderators. If a user is repeatedly tagging videos with unacceptable or offending taggs, their taggs and access to VidTaggr may be removed. Here are some examples:
- offensive text/words/phrases
- links that send watchers to pornographic, or even sites with questionable nudity will be removed.
- links or redirections to products with affiliate IDs.
- non-standard text (i.e. scripting, html, etc.)
- comments or opinions that don't directly relate to the scene being taggd.